Monday, 1 September 2008

the mother of all F ups

Assumption, that is. Ever so true. Last night, I received a rather obnoxious mail from this guy from whom I bought the steering wheel a few weeks ago. I won't go into details, but he wanted me to know that he was putting the steering wheel up for auction again since I had not paid him yet. Unk?? I then forwarded him the mails from Western Union and the mail from August 12 which included the payment and pickup details.
So this ass came back this morning saying WTF Western Union was, what the MCTN (transaction) no. was, and why I never asked him if he got the money. Uh hello, Western Union is one of (if not THE) oldest financial institutions in the US.
There's some really ignorant people walking around on this earth. Since he was mr. "money orders only", I assumed he knew that he could pick up the money by ID'ing himself and showing the MCTN. And if you don't know what Western Union is, try googleing it? Very easy, very straightforward. I took a few deep breaths before I composed my reply cuz otherwise I'd really burnt him to the ground.
Also, on Aug. 14 I asked him by email if he got the money, and requested to reject my Paypal payment to him. He complied with this request so he DID receive this particular mail. I automatically assumed that he'd also read and understood the first line ("Did you receive the money?").
People like this ass give Americans a bad name. I mean, if I were just as ignorant, I'd say that all Americans are THAT stupid based on my contacts with a few US-based ebayers.
But anyway, things are OK now. From now on, I'll treat everybody as if they were morons, whether they like it or not.