I also tried removing the thermostat but both bolts were rusted tight so once again I ended up twisting heads and shafts off. I didn't even try to fit a socket onto the bolts of the exhaust manifold cuz those looked even worse. There's gonna be a whole lot of drilling and tapping to be done.
Last week i did some more shopping. Got me a Carter P4070 Electric Fuel Pump, Holley 12-803 Fuel Pump Fuel Pressure Regulator and a Lisle 24000 Piston Ring Groove Cleaner. After this batch has arrived at MyUs, I'll finally tell 'em to ship the goods. Can't and don't wanna wait too long.
This fuel pump is one of the recommended performance upgrades. It can produce 72 gallons per hour and 6psi max and is considered very reliable. It reportedly produces about 8 psi at the carbs, while the factory pressure required of SU carbs is 3.5 psi. But despite this overpressure the engine seems to run fine. Nevertheless it won't hurt to dial down the pressure to 5psi thru the pressure reg.The pic shows the (location of the) current pump.
