Wednesday, 20 August 2008

FSM

Today I finally received my 1973 S30 Nissan Factory Service Manual + parts microfiche on CD. Darn thing cost me $80 but it should prove invaluable when ordering parts or when trying to find out how parts fit together. A complete parts list is what my other manuals lack. As a service manual, it should be complementary.
What else have I got to say...not much really. Nothing worth mentioning has occured, but you noticed that yourself :) Heck, I'm not keeping this blog for anyone but myself.
I'm just waiting for my car to arrive. And in the meantime I'm just reading, planning, making lists of tools and parts I need when, try to find out what I can do myself and what's better contracted out.
I found an experienced restorer who can media blast my chassis for around 1000eur. So DIY soda blasting (and media blasting in general) the chassis is not much of an option really since you'd spend at least half of the costs on blasting media. Then there's the hassle of renting blasting equipment and finding a location to do it without annoying other peeps with your dust. I am planning to blast all the loose and small parts myself though. Found a place where I can do so for 15eur/hr.
Oh yes, and today I bought a nice fold out brochure of the 240Z and a 1:43 scale model of the no. 11 rally car off of an ebay type of site. I was just too late for a very nice green 1:18 scale model of the 240Z :/ Ah well, lucky him. I will have the real thing in a few weeks (years) from now :)