Sunday, 14 September 2008

le Garage

It's been a bit quiet from my side since there was not much to talk about, as far as my car's concerned. It's on its way and expected to arrive at Rotterdam harbour on 19 September. I received all relevant info to pick it up so I'm really looking forward to it!
Yesterday, my brother Mike, his partner Zierk and myself went to check out our 'garage'. The 100 m2 we are gonna rent from some farmer nearby. Each of us will get an area of 3.3 x 10 m to work on (or store) so that's just fantastic :)
We will need to do some work though cuz at the moment it's just a dark and a bit damp barn, filled with mostly office furniture. We need to shield off our part with walls and add some see-through roof panels and light fixtures. So we took measurements and went to JT (another farmer nearby) to check out the wood panels and other parts we'd need. Last night and a greater part of this morning I made the drawings for the walls and floors and made the necessary calculations. Fortunately it's not gonna cost a fortune.
As far as I'm concerned, I can start the construction work next weekend.

Oh, and I already know what my next project's gonna be: an HF3000 Lancia Stratos kit in the Alitalia livery :)