Friday, 7 November 2008

#114

that's the colour code of my Z's original colour. Check out the pic on the left. So this explains the brown hidden underneath the interior trim. Well, at least the brown on all those parts that aren't rusted yet.
Not a particularly pretty colour so I guess I'll stick to green. #240 to be more specific, which happens to match the model no. :)

Last week I did a lot of planning and finally decided to order the Pertronix 1761 Ignitor from Car shop inc. via ebay. I also wanted to order a matching coil, but the buggers never responded :/ Ah well, their loss. I ordered a few basic tools and parts from a cheap Dutch internet shop so that I can start cleaning parts, and changing/draining oil and coolant. Can't buy too much this month so planning is all I can do for now :/ But maybe that's a good thing cuz now I'm forced to stick to the real necessities.
I've got a little problem though. I can't seem to find my car keys! Either my littly girl has been playing with them or I simply misplaced them, which is not unusual for me to do. A new set of locks for the Z costs $775 so I really need to find the bunch. I did find the key no. on the original warranty and service booklet so I'm gonna try to see if I can order a spare if it turns out that I really have lost it.
Thru the service booklet I also found out when and where my Z first hit the streets. On 4 June 1973 (that's one day after my own birthday :) in Branford - Connecticut, close to the sea. I google mapped the address and it looked pretty much uptown. Three years later the dude sold it for $6000, also in Ct. So the Z basically spent most of it's life in the Ct area, which explains the rotten floors.