The dude I bought the Z from is a bit slow - to say the least. So I decided to fill out and sign the bill of sale myself and E it to him rather than waiting for him to go to staples, scan it, save it to a disk and E it back to me. He was happy with the result and would fax his signed version to me right away. My PC is still occupying the phone line cuz I still haven't received anything yet.
Ah well, been busy checking out some suppliers online in the meantime. I find it a real shame that I'm not living in the US as far as (Z) car parts are concerned :/ I found all I'd need (and want/lust for :), but all shipping costs are definitely gonna break the bank. Maybe I should combine shopping with a vacation overseas next year. I knew and was warned from the start that restoring a car wasn't gonna be cheap.
I also ran a check on my Zs VIN (vehicle identification number) on the web and found out that I've got one of the last 240Zs. Not the most collectible of the S30s (240Zs) but in 20+ yrs from now it probably won't matter - as long as it's a stock S30 :)
Lucky me, I managed to get hold of the last Haynes manual on 'Japanese Vehicle carburettors' covering the Hitachi SU-style carbs! :) It's out of print but fortunately I found it at BCCP.nl. Yay! I will need it when I'm gonna rebuild my carbs cuz the other Haynes manual covering the Z is far from complete on the carb subject. I also noted that BCCP carries service kits for my carbs. Oh, and I'd looove to give their triple Weber conversion a go at a later stage :)
Can't wait for my new toy to arrive so that I can start working on it in my 34 m2 space that I'll be renting for 100eur per month :) Darn, can't even find a parking space in Amsterdam for that money. I can't stop thinking that this whole project was meant to be :)
