Wednesday, 11 July 2012

castor city

Took the day off yesterday to prep the Z for moving. Reinstalled the front suspension but won't be able to reinstall the rear sus cuz I'd already removed the spindle pins and the rubbers. Really don't feel like installing my new pins and bushings into the rusty transfer link assies.
But using some wood and two 160mm castor wheels, I've devised a way to roll the chassis onto the trailer. The castor wheel assy attaches just aft of the L/R floorpans. Will test coming weekend if it'll hold or break :)
Oh, two weeks ago I gave the floors at the green house a last coat. It'd be a waste to let the remaining 3 cans expire. Glad I did it cuz now it looks really good. The part where Mike's cars will be driven in and out now has 3 coats so that'll last a while I guess.

We have to move out of the shed by the end of July and since I'll be abroad during the last weekend, I have only two weekends left to get my stuff moved. Other than the chassis and engine it's not that much actually. I really wouldn't wanna call it a logistical nightmare.